- Yesterday was our last day in Paris, and my mum decided that we should go to Musée Guimet, even though I wasn't particularly fond it, she seemed to like it. It holds Europe's largest collection of Asian arts, so I found it rather boring, but my mum's fond of that sort of thing.
- In the Musée d'Orsay, I accidentally got an audio guide only for a temporary exhibition (Degas and the nude, which contained lots of naked bodies), instead of the entire museum, which was bit of a waste of money, as it cost 5euros, and I didn't want to pay another 5euros for another audio guide.
- I loved the Musée d'Orsay, especially the symbolism section of it. The paintings in this section were really thought-provoking and striking. Some people say it encompasses the Gothic elements of romanticism. Unfortunately I don't have any photographs to show of my favourites for obvious reasons. I also enjoyed the really massive canvas paintings, as well as the famous pointillist paintings, such as The Circus, Georges Seurat
- I had this AMAZING eclair from a pâtisserie outside the Musée d'Orsay, which had Chantilly cream and loads of strawberries. Just thinking back to how delicious it was is making my mouth water.
- Another snack I loved in France were these things below. Oh they were so yummy, with their crunchy outer and raspberry centre. I ended up finished a total of two boxes in two days.
- I love how all the French seem to love wearing Ray-Ban glasses, or simply glasses with statement frames. From toddlers to OAPs, they all seem to have very stylish choices in frames - I am impressed.
- I love the feeling when you just come back from holiday, or you've been away from home for a prolonged period of time, and then you return to familiarity and everything just feels just as it was. I don't know whether it's just me who gets this vibe. The annoying this is though, after about 5 mins, this sense of euphoria is quickly expelled by the stresses and pressure that come with home - in other words, my looming exams!
- It's just generally a beautiful city!
P.S. Sorry for this lame post, I have been very uninspired today. Posts will be of a better quality asap!