In the style of Stripeytofu ;), I’m going to explain to you why on earth I chose the name of ScatterrBrained for my blog.
Unfortunately, my story is not as exciting as his, as it all started a few nights ago as I was lying in bed. I know I do my best thinking whilst lying in bed, don’t you? I was thinking of names for my blog, and for a few reasons I thought ScatterrBrained would be super awesome. You have probably worked out that I LOVE writing lists by now.
REASONS WHY SCATTERRBRAINED IS A SUPER AWESOME NAME
1. The adjective scatterbrained describes someone who is exhibiting or characterised by lack of serious thought or concentration; disorganised; silly. It’s a slight oxymoron, but I hope that having this blog will make me less disorganised as I can plan everything out on here. It can be something that I can concentrate and work on and it will be something that I can be proud of. I also hope that it can make me less silly, but doubt that will happen. +1!
2. In ScatterrBrained, there is CAT within sCATter. We all know that cat’s are super awesome animals, duhh! +1!
3. In ScatterrBrained, there is SCAT within SCATter. Scatting is vocal improvisation with wordless vocables, nonsense syllables or without words at all. Scat singing gives singers the ability to sing improvised melodies and rhythms, to create the equivalent of an instrumental solo using their voice, in jazz. +1!
4. In ScatterrBrained, there is BRAIN within BRAINed. The brain is the centre of the nervous system and is also the most complex organ in the body. That makes it undoubtedly super awesome. +1!
~BONUS NUGGET OF KNOWLEDGE~
Did you know that primitive invertebrates such as sponges, jellyfish, sea squirts and starfishes do not have brain? I bet you didn’t. ;)
5. CAT and BRAIN together, reminds me of zombie cats, which in my head leads to connotations of Plants verses Zombies, possibly one of my favourite games ever, and the zombie cats which were on Misfits a few episodes, which is my favourite TV show.
Super awesome! +1! LEVEL UP!!!
Last summer, I was so very close to starting a blog, however, I could not think of any sort of name for it whatsoever. I do acknowledge that the name is far from perfect (the double r in Scatterr is already severely annoying the hell out of me!), despite all the reasons why it is a super awesome name. It’s rather mundane, but creating a blog was something that I didn’t want to put off for any longer. Having no name was no longer an excuse, thus I created this blog ScatterrBrained and here we are now.
My blog summarised in 3 images.
See you suckers.
P.S. To christen my blog’s birth, I am going to do BEDTW. In case you don’t know what BEDTW is, I’m going to Blog Every Day This Week. At the end of the week there is going to be something truly awesome, which I haven’t thought of yet, but I will do something really cool, I promise. :D