Wednesday 18 April 2012

Choooons

I think it's time for another one of those music posts. Here is my selection of "new" music. I try to make each list varied in music genres, but it is very much a list of guitar bands and dance-y electronic music this time simply because it has been what I have been enjoying recently.
Bands:
Twin Atlantic - Make a Beast of Myself
Where have these guys been all my life? This is a solid rock song; one of those you end up singing all day. I love how they utilise breaks in their songs, it's so good! Twin Atlantic are definitely up there along with Biffy Clyro and Paolo Nutini with my favourite Scottish musicians.

The Crib - Come On, Be a No-One
This is one of those songs that get implanted into my brain due to it being played constantly on XFM, but I've been enjoying listening to it loud. It's a short, simple song, with a catchy chorus complemented by some distorted guitars. 

Dry the River - New Ceremony
Dry the River are on the BBC Sound of 2012 list along with other amazing people like Lianne La Havas Azealia Banks, and Skrillex. There are so many good folk rock bands in the UK at the moment, and these people definitely are one of them. This song, "New Ceremony" is really powerful and my kind of music. I also enjoyed the video - it's brilliantly shot and visually fantastic. 

Neon Trees - Everybody Talks
Neon Trees is definitely a band that makes me happy when listening to their music. 
Jack White - Missing Pieces 
I know this is another song by Jack White, but every song I hear from the album could be a single in their own rights as they are all so good. I reckon Jack White's debut solo album "Blunderbuss" is shaping up to be the album of the year.
Electronic Music:
Delilah - Breathe
This song is just sublime - it's so atmospherical and entrancing. The video is also really powerful and realistic. The blonde girl in the video is really pretty and I also like Delilah's outfit in the video: studded denim jacket, sheer white blouse with gold jewellery. There is also a Sub Zero remix and version featuring Liam Bailey, but personally I think the original version is so simple and effective. 

Rudimental ft John Newman - Feel the Love
 Such a tune, plus this music video is beyond awesome with this dude's gravity defying moves. Definitely worth a watch/listen. 
Hot Chip - Night and Day
I love Hot Chip and their 80s geek chic, retro synthesised sound. So happy for their return!

Rita Ora - RIP
Okay, Rita Ora is so hot and written by Drake and produced by Chase & Status, this song was bound to be huge. 

Tally-ho,

Rebecca x
P.S. So proud that I actually started some revision today. Woop.
P.S.S. Just a heads up for my blog followers, I am most probably going to post on Mondays, Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays now that I am back at school.

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant post, I've been running low on new music and this post has really given me fresh inspiration! Rita Ora has such a powerful voice, I'm in love!
    Love from, THE EASTERN PEARL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh thank you for you comment, that was really niceee:) and i just checked out your blog, it is awesome :)
      Rebecca x

      Delete
  2. You have amazing taste in music :) Think this is one of the best music posts I've seen! Now following you, can't wait to see more. WOOP x
    www.ugli-alialiceb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Go on then, what are you waiting for? Type a comment. I know you want to... ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...