Sunday 22 January 2012

Chronicles of Ombré Hair: Part 1 – INTRODUCTION

Hello there cool people. I had such writer’s block about what to post next, but as my “Whip it Real Good” has proven rather popular and I always get asked about it in real life, I’m going to instruct and inform you about how to achieve ombré hair.
Magritte style, mainly because my face looked silly, and apples look cooler
What on earth is ombré hair?
Ombré hair colour is generally darker at the roots through the mid-shaft and then gradually gets lighter from the mid-shaft to the ends. It is usually achieved using a balayage technique and is ideal for clients looking for a low-maintenance style.
That is the definition from About.com and I have to agree with it. Last year it was very popular both on bloggers and celebrities. One reason why it is probably so popular is that it is just so low-fuss and budget friendly as root touch ups are not required- it basically just having really bad roots. That sounds so easy doesn’t it? Just slap on some peroxide on the ends of your hair and then you’re done! Well, yes if you want to turn your hair into straw. However, I don’t have the ever so popular brown to blonde ombré, instead mine is black to red and dying black hair to any colour (which is lighter) without bleach is usually pretty hard. Nevertheless, I have managed it and I really would like to spread my knowledge of not just the method in achieving that hair colour, but also the science behind it (because I love chemistry- sounds lame, doesn’t it...), to everyone.
After I started planning my initial post, I realised that it was going to be absolutely ridiculous if I were to put it all into post, so I am going to create a mini-series on my blog called “Chronicles of Ombré hair”. I’ve decided to break it down into bite-sized chunks that will be easier to follow, rather than a never-ending essay with me over-analysing filamentous biomaterial sprouting out of one’s head.

Expect to see reviews of hair dyes, explanations of the science behind how hair dye works and colour theory, maintaining hair colour and easy to follow step by step tips on taking the plunge.

Keep checking this blog and especially this post, because as each part of the guide goes live, I’m going to link them all back to this post.  I hope to try and add a section each day!

再 见,
Rebecca x

P.S. I can’t believe I’m starting a series about something as trivial as this. I’ll try to make such a superficial topic as in depth and scientific as possible (LOL WHAT A JOKE)
P.S.S Sorry for all my readers who probably don’t care at all about hair dying, I will continue with normal posts next week!
P.S.S.S Just noticed that the three pictures of me, Jessie J and Snooki all involve some sort of animal print in it... weird!

Disclaimer:
I would first like to say I AM NOT A HAIRDRESSER nor do I claim that my method is the “correct” way of doing it. I have simply done a lot of research before proceeding onto the dying process, so I wouldn’t end up of with a hair disaster. Since I am just so nice, I am going to inform you about everything I have gained from experience and research, so you don’t end up with a hair disaster either (not guaranteed!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on then, what are you waiting for? Type a comment. I know you want to... ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...