Saturday 5 May 2012

Farmer in the yard

ZOMG! Yes, that's right, your eyes are not deceiving you - I have finally managed to take some pictures that are both in focus and have required no editing except from some cropping! Booyah.
Earrings and necklace - Topshop, denim shirt - mum's old shirt, aran jumper - hand knitted, waistcoat - mum's old, leggings - Mango, brogues - M&S

A sticky stick
Please excuse my appearance! I'm a pretty low maintenance person as it is and since I took these photos in the morning, my face is still really puffy. I am also not wearing any make up as I am lazy. My right eye was also super blood-shot when I woke up and is still really dry so I was not in the mood to be messing around with them anymore.

I love how almost ever single item featured in this outfit has some sort of history. The lovely creamy aran jumper was hand knitted by either my great-grandma or someone else of that era, thus it is definitely one of a kind. My denim shirt worn just so the collar is peeking out (it's also featured in this post) was my mum's and she told me it was one of the only tops she wore when she was pregnant with me! And as for those amazing tortoise shell sunglasses, I have no idea where they are from, but they are very, very old and very, very fragile. They have been cut out of genuine tortoise shell and I am always scared that I will break them whenever I try them on, but they just looked so cool that I had to feature them in this post!

I realise this isn't the most flattering outfit, but who doesn't love dressing up like a farmer?
A pitch fork and I, as I felt like I looked a bit like a farmer - my head looks disjointed in this image.
Ahaha! I just had to include this.

That is all! See you tomorrow.


Rebecca x

11 comments:

  1. too cute :) i really adore the last foto :DD

    ReplyDelete
  2. those glasses are too cool x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great outfit! cool blog!

    check out mine , maybe we could follow eachother :)

    esme x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those glasses. great blog, let's follow each other!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like reading these posts, and I'm not even a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look lovely! I am in love with those glasses! They're amazing!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. so pretty!
    loving the plaid :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore your outfit!! The glasses are incredible:) Thank you for your lovely comment, I hope you have a wonderful week!! XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post, your writing is so funny hehe. The tortoise shell sunnies are gorgeous and I really like your hair :)

    - Joana

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore your style - the pink in your hair is so great too!

    I'm one of your new followers, would be great to follow each other!

    xx

    http://girlonbroughtonstreet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Go on then, what are you waiting for? Type a comment. I know you want to... ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...